Health Kick

You guys, I'm on a health kick!  Our office is having a "Biggest Loser" challenge.   The winner not only gets to rub it in the faces of all his/her coworkers and look AMAZING, but also walks away with the pot of cash raised by the $50 buy-in.  Not a bad deal, right?  I've packed on a few pounds now that I've reduced the amount I am nursing Rosie (still not totally weaned), and I've been feeling like my jeans are a little too tight.  I'm super excited to win this challenge, hope it doesn't sound too shallow that I intend on taking my winnings straight to Anthropologie!


My plan is to get more exercise hiking with Rosie, and to really concentrate on eating healthy.  I'm a vegetarian, so I'm totally into fruits and veggies - but I eat more than my fair share of cheese and chocolate.  YUM.  No bueno for your waistline though.  I'm not a skinny girl, and I actually love curves on women in general myself included.  I need to feel comfortable and good in my clothes and in my body, and that's my goal here.  Oh, and to WIN.  I love winning, don't you?



(Photo from La Tartine Gourmande)

My big sister lost a boatload of weight based almost on diet alone and she's a real inspiration to me.  She looks fantastic and eats so well.  My husband and I made our weekly visit to the Lake Merritt Farmer's Market on Saturday morning, and instead of picking up just strawberries and flowers we came home with kale, red lettuce, basil, heirloom tomatoes, apricots, nectarines - so many good things.


(Photo from Pinterest here, originally from inactive Tumblr VeganHome)

The contest started last Monday and I'm already down 4.2 lbs!  Eek!  It's two months long, wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover