Happy Mother's Day!

Mother's Day is a good time to thank all the women in my life who have been there to support me, both growing up and now as a mother myself.  I also appreciate all the women who love my daughter like their own, I know she will look up to them as she grows older.



Her goofy Auntie Bini who comes to play and laugh with her every other day, her Grandma Rima who comes every weekend to babysit, the terrific teachers at preschool that love and care for her each and every day, her Auntie Jenna who babysits and keeps me sane, her Auntie Martina who calls every weekend to video chat with her "little peanut", her Auntie Amanda who was there to spend the day with me in labor and has been there every week since, her Auntie Natalie who adores her, her Auntie Isabel who dotes on her and takes me out so I don't lose my mind, her Grandma Audrey who comes all the way from Wisconsin to visit, her Auntie Britta and Linda in Minnesota who never forget a single occasion and mark it with a card or treat or meaningful gift, her Auntie Sara who always has a joke and a treat for her, her Auntie Ellen who made her the most gorgeous blanket ever, her Great Grandma's Nancy and Priscilla who send love, letters and gifts that are always so thoughtful and sweet.


This daughter of mine is truly treasured by the women in her life, and I'm proud to say that regardless of parentage, these women share motherhood with me and make me a better mother.  I never really felt the true meaning of "it takes a village to raise a child" until I had one of my own and needed the support and help of my friends and family every day. Throughout my life different women have raised me, supported me, advised me, cared for me, and loved me. As hard as I try I will never have all that Rosie needs, it does not diminish my motherhood to share the burden and joy with these amazing women. I'm just so so so grateful to them.  We don't parent in a vacuum, and thank god for that.

So Happy Mother's Day, to all you moms, grandmas, great grandmas, aunties, teachers, and BFFs.  Life is so much better with you in it!

Xoxo

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover