Family Portraits: The Jorves

This weekend was my first foray into family portraiture. I have taken a lot of photos of my niece Ally and my daughter Rosie, but this was my freshman attempt at capturing Jenna, Anders and Ally as a family unit. I think I have a long way to go, but practice makes perfect!




Nothing I do can make this photo look less like my brother is sailing with the Captain.  Seriously, what a goofball.

I traded my Nikon D3000 (purchased in August 2010 and well loved) in for the upgraded Nikon D3200 which also takes video. I also invested in my first prime lens (a lens that has a fixed focal length), the Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S. I love both my DSLR and my prime lens. Although a 50mm lens was recommended to me, I had accidentally ordered the 35mm and ended up really liking it. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I will continue to learn I hope!

Anyone know of a good crash course in photography for a newbie like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover